Rachel Stout and James Mulligan are currently our County Youth Commissioners with the support of Steph Poole as Deputy County Youth Commissioner.
Their role is to ensure that young people from 6–25 years are involved and engaged in decisions that shape their Scouting experience locally and to empower young people to share their ideas and have a meaningful voice in planning, implementing and reviewing their programme and opportunities.
The County Youth Commissioners work in partnership with key members of the County Team. One of their main roles is to support and develop District Youth Commissioners and Youth Shaped teams throughout the eleven Districts within the county.
District Youth Commissioners
The following Districts have a District Youth Commissioner(s):
- Reading Central – Josh Yelland
- Maidenhead – Adam Humphries
- Slough – Tim Hill and Nathan Molloy (DDYC)
- South Berks – Greg Vincent and Megan Currie
- Loddon – Hugh Leach
- Taceham Hundred – Josh Smith
Youth Shape roles
James and Rachel are currently looking to fill the following roles:
- District Youth Commissioner(s) – Pang Valley, Kennet, Wokingham, South East Berks and Windsor and Eton Districts;
- Deputy County Youth Commissioner – we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who would like to try a different role. This would involve working with James and Rachel to develop Youth Shaped Scouting within Berkshire.
For each of the above roles we are looking for Scouts between the age of 16–25.
For more information for any of these roles please email: email@example.com
or have a look at the role description here: